Architecture is not the result of a lone genius, but the result of a community.
JLA Architects was established in 2007 by Joseph Lee in Madison, Wis. As a client service-based firm, we collaborate with clients to develop real-world solutions that meet their project’s goals. Our firm has three offices in the U.S. including full-service offices in Wisconsin & Colorado. In 2017, we opened a second office in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee to better serve our Eastern Wisconsin clients. We opened our third office in Denver, Colorado in the fall of 2021 serving the entire Front Range. We assist clients at every phase of the real estate development process from project feasibility to building construction and final marketing.
We Choose Humility over Arrogance.
We are Accountable and Authentic.
We Listen to Understand.
We are Inspirationally Positive.
We Work Towards a Common Vision to Achieve Uncommon Results.
We Lead With Compassion.
We Respectfully Challenge the Status Quo.
We are Diverse by Nature and Inclusive by Choice.
We are Community Collaborators for the Common Good.
At JLA, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are not just words.
They are core principles that shape who we are, how we build our team, and how we maintain our culture where everyone fits in and has a voice. We value diverse perspectives, life experiences, and opinions and we work toward a day when the world echoes the same.
We're comprised of a diverse group of talented professionals, with a collaborative leadership team that maintains the same core philosophies in which JLA began.
JLA’s Leadership Team includes:
- President & Principal Joseph Lee
- Director of Architectural Operations – Vice President Adam Fredendall
- Madison Office Director – Vice President Leah Teske
- Director of Quality Control – Vice President Marc Ott
- Director of Marketing – Vice President Sarah Fegre
- Director of Team Development – Vice President Rafeeq Asad
- Denver Office Director – Vice President Erik Jansson
- Director of Design Troy Jacoby
- Milwaukee Office Director – Vice President Steve Wagner