Madison-based Architecture Firm JLA Opens Office in Third Ward
JLA Architects expanding to Better Serve its Milwaukee area clients
JLA Architects announces the expansion of its firm today with a new Milwaukee office located in the Historic Third Ward as well as the addition of five new team members. The Madison-based firm, founded in 2007 by Joseph Lee, renovated a space at 311 E. Chicago Street in the Third Ward district over this last year. The office is now fully open and there are plans to hire additional associates.
Lee explains the expansion, “Our number one focus has always been client satisfaction and we had reached a point, with about half of our work in the Milwaukee area, that we wanted to add a Milwaukee location to better serve our Milwaukee-based clients. Having worked in Milwaukee for 10 years prior to starting JLA – I am personally thrilled to be back in the Third Ward and that our team will have a physical presence in the community.”
The JLA Milwaukee Office is comprised of people that came from the JLA Madison Office – as well as new team members hired directly from the Milwaukee area. In addition, JLA is currently looking to expand its Milwaukee Team in the coming months.
“Another great aspect of having a Milwaukee Office, is that it opens up an entirely new talent pool,” added Lee. “This will be a great opportunity for JLA to add some great, talented people.”
The firm’s current Milwaukee area projects include:
- Vim & Vigor – Two new luxury apartment & mixed-use buildings located in the downtown Brewery district
- Ballpark Commons – A 200-acre mixed-use, sports/entertainment district in Franklin
- Synergy – A large mixed-use project in The District located next to the Mayfair Collection in Wauwatosa
- Forte at 84 South – Luxury apartments at the 84 South Retail Center in Greenfield
- The new mixed-use project on the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard & Locust Street – slated to be the new home of the Milwaukee Public Library’s Martin Luther King branch.